Presentations & Research experience
From 2006 to 2010: Phd research at the European University Institute
- Fellow at Personal Democracy Forum. Barcelona 20-21 Novembre 2009. http://personaldemocracy.com/personal-democracy-forum-europe
- Presentation and moderation panel “Organizational logic and political implications of Free culture” First International Forum on free culture and access to knowledge. Barcelona October 29 to November 1 2009. http://www.fcforum.net
- Organization First International Forum on free culture and access to knowledge. Barcelona October 29 to November 1 2009. http://www.fcforum.net
- Participating at the Free culture research workshop at the Berkman center of Internet and society – 23 October 2009, Boston (USA).
- Presentation at a panel on “Diritti di cittadinanza e nuovi ambienti digitali” at the XXIII Convegno SISP Roma. 17 – 19 Settembre 2009. Facoltà di Scienze Politiche LUISS Guido Carli.
- Presentation: “Governance of online creation communities: Provision of platforms of participation for the building of digital commons, Self-provision model: Social forums case study” Internet & Politics section, ECPR General Conference, Potsdam, September 2009.
- Presentation Wikimedia Governance. Wikimania. Buenos Aires (from 26 to 29 August 2009).
- Presentation “Methodological and theoretical challenges and potentials of studying participation in online communities for the building of digital commons: Wikipedia and the Social Forums”. At the conference “Shaping Europe in a Globalized world” Panel: “New approuches to the study of protest and transnational social movements” Zurich – June 23-26, 2009
- Attending International School on Digital Transformation, Oporto, Portugal. 14-19 July 2009. http://digitaltransformationschool.org
- Presentation: Participation in online creation communities: Participation as an eco-system Openesf.net and Wikipedia case studies. International Workshop “Citizen Politics: Are the New Media Reshaping Political Engagement?”. Polnet project. Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Presentation: “The Governance of digital commons: Wikipedia Case study” E-democracy 2.0 – Institutions, citizens and new networks: a potential lexicon. International workshop. Bologna, 8th April 2009, 10am-3pm Sala Borsa, Piazza Nettuno 3 Auditorium Enzo Biagi
- Organization Seminar Social Forums 2.0?: Towards Networked Politics: Technology and knowledge. Friday 30th January 2009 – World Social Forum, Belem, Brazil.
Courses and seminars:
- Visiting researcher at the School of information UC Berkeley: July – December 2008. Sponsors: Howard Rheingold and Coye Chesire
- Computer-Mediated Communication. By Coye Chesire. School of information. UC Berkeley.
- Virtual communities/Social media. By Howard Rheingold. Standford University. Providing course assistance.
- Attending Conference Celebrating Scancor’s 20th anniversary: Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research. November 21-23, 2008. Stanford University.
- Coordination organization seminar Networked Politics and Technology at the School of Information – UC Berkeley. 5, 6 and 7 December 2008.
- (2008) Presentation and paper: “Social Forums and Technology: Hypothesis on why online communities promoted by Social Forums don’t easily scale up”. Article part of the seminar reader “Networked Politics and Technology”. School of Information UC Berkeley, 6 & 7 December 2008.
- (2008) Presentation: “New media and politics: Obama comunication strategy”. Presentation at Virtual Communities and new media. Department of Communication. Stanford University. 2 December 2008.
- (2008) Presentation Faculty Discussions – School of information: Online Communities Governance: Styles of democratic quality in knowledge-making processes resulting from a large-N analysis and preliminary results on Wikipedia case study. 19 November 2008.
- (2008) Presentation: “Mapping online communities”. Presentation at Virtual Communities and new media. Department of Communication. Stanford University. November 4th December 2008.
- (2008) Even newer social movements? Virtual communities. Session “What new social movements?” at The Great Rehearsal? The World Revolution of ‘68 @ University of San Francisco. 20 September 2008http://www.greatrehearsal.org/
- (2008) Web Communities: Emerging Organizational forms in Collective Action – Web 2.0 for profit versus Web 2.0 profit for all Presentation at panel: New Technologies and Politics: New Patterns of Relationships between Political Actors. European Consortium For Political Research. 2nd ECPR Graduate Conference. Barcelona.Barcelona Conference 2008. Tuesday, 26/08/2008.
- (2007) Online creation communities – Annual Congress of the Spanish association of Political Science and of the administration. Valencia, 18 -20 September.