OCCs democracy quality
Democratic quality of knowledge-making process online
An online creation community of good democratic quality is defined by six dimensions:
- 1. organization of the information in a usable and accessible way to increase participation and inclusion;
- 2. facilitation of access to the technology that supports the process to reduce participation barriers;
- 3. transparent organizational structure and accountable finances;
- 4. a knowledge policy favoring participants’ relational freedom and autonomy from the platform;
- 5. openness to participation in the knowledge-making process in the platform;
- 6. and, openness to participation in platform provision.
Fuster Morell, M. (2010, p. 77). Dissertation: Governance of online creation communities: Provision of infrastructure for the building of digital commons.